Popular restaurant in Central Markets
Rigoni’s was originally established in Moonta Street Adelaide in 1956 as Rigoni’s Café.
Serving breakfast, lunch and dinner, the restaurant’s name quickly became synonymous with quality Italian food and service with the friendly, family style approach that makes you feel welcome.
Restaurant moved to Leigh St Adelaide
In 1979, Rigoni’s cafe was sold to the Caons who moved the restaurant to Leigh Street where it was re-opened as Rigoni’s Bistro. They worked hard to maintain the reputation that had been established and traded successfully until 1996 when it was sold to another operator.
The next decade is tumultuous with the Italian Bistro twice going into liquidation through mismanagement.
In 2006, it was acquired by the Martin and Bailey families. Through hard work, dedication and some fortuitous timing with the closure of Leigh Street to vehicles, the business is thriving.
With a dedication to serve Italian cuisine sourced fresh from local suppliers, Rigoni’s has returned to the welcoming and friendly family style approach it was originally established with. Have a browse of our breakfast, lunch, dinner menus or just pop in and see us for one of the best coffee’s in Adelaide.